The City of Ottawa is developing an exhibit on the history of Rock and Roll in Ottawa from circa 1954 to 2012. The exhibit will open in October 2013 at the City of Ottawa Central Archives, 100 Tallwood Drive.
The City Archives is looking to document as much of the local music scene as possible. Would you be able to help? The research collected will be stored and preserved for future generations in the new Central Archives building. A research paper on Ottawa’s history of rock will be made available in the reference room library, accessible to the public at all times.
What is the Archives looking for?
- list of musicians and bands: biographies, years active, photographs, discographies
- list of venues: location, organizational history, years active, photos, list of shows
- information about local businesses: record labels, promoters, studios, etc.
- local music stores, memorable moments
If you’re interested in contributing to the Ottawa Rocks! documentation project, please contact the Ottawa Archives at:
- Email glenn.charron@Ottawa.ca
- Mail Glen Charron, City of Ottawa Archives, 100 Tallwood Drive, Ottawa ON, K2G 4R7
- Phone 613-580-2424 x12507
- Facebook www.facebook.com/OttawaArchives
City Archivist Paul Henry discusses the upcoming Ottawa Rocks! exhibit in this CBC Radio interview: